If your business is constantly on the move, you need a credit card payment solution that’s as mobile as you are. A mobile card reader gives your business the luxury of taking payments on the go, whether you happen to be selling street food at a festival or on the nightshift as a taxi driver.
Find out everything you need to know about mobile card readers and discover how you can use them to give your small business the edge over the competition.
What is a mobile card reader?
A mobile card reader is a payment solution designed to enable you to process customer card payments on the go, whether you happen to be at a trade fair, exhibition, or festival.
How do mobile card readers work?
Mobile card readers come pre-installed with a SIM card that allows them to connect wirelessly with the mobile network. Once the device has read the customer’s card data, it uses GPRS technology to process the payment by contacting the card-issuing bank for authorisation.
Once the payment has been authorised and the sale completed, the machine’s built-in printer will generate a customer receipt.
What are the main features and benefits of mobile card readers?
A mobile credit card reader makes taking customer payments on the move a doddle and comes with several useful features to make your life that little bit easier. A Paymentsense mobile reader helps you:
- Process payments swiftly and securely, anywhere in the UK.
- Reduce queue times by taking faster payments.
- Maintain a professional image by giving customers the chance to pay via contactless, Chip and PIN, Apple Pay, or Android Pay.
- Sort refunds quickly. Supervisor card feature allows you to access useful functions such as refunds and reconciliation in instances where incorrect prices have been keyed in.
- Get straight back to business – a 24-hour replacement if your terminal should go down.
- Access to our online dashboard, Client Line, allows you to monitor all transactions at a glance.
- Better plan your stock control and next campaigns with Performance Reports, emailed to you weekly allow you to monitor sales figures.
- Auto roll replacement detects when you’re running low on till roll and posts out a new box before you run out.
Mobile card readers pricing and set-up fees
Paymentsense provides affordable card reader solutions for UK small businesses in a range of industries. Set-up fees and monthly costs vary from business to business, so why not fill out a few details online and get a personalised quote.