How to accept cards in hairdressing salonsProduct Information 25 July 2019
These days most hairdressing salons accept credit cards and contactless payments for a good reason. Why? Because more and more customers, of all ages, find it more convenient than paying by cash. If you don’t give them what they want, they’ll go to another salon.
UK Finance, the bank industry’s trade body predicts that by 2027, cash will account for just 16% of all transactions. What’s more, the use of contactless payments will more than double in popularity by then!
The benefits of accepting debit cards, credit cards and contactless payments
- It could help attract new customers and help you build up a healthy number of loyal regulars.
- Boost your profits. Yes, if you accept card payments for small amounts it may not always be cost-effective. However, overall, in the long run, you are likely to get more business by accepting cards. Don’t forget that there are also bank charges for processing cash transactions.
- You and your staff don’t have to spend hours counting up endless piles of coins at the end of the day.
- You don’t have to travel across town with bags of cash to be lodged at the bank.
- You don’t have the worry of having large amounts of cash on the premises, which can result in break-ins and even staff assaults.
- You reduce the chance of theft.
- Card-only bill settlement is faster for customers.
- Dun & Bradstreet, a company that provides commercial data, analytics, and insights for businesses, found that people spend 12-18% more when using credit cards instead of cash.
How hairdressing salons can accept credit card and contactless payments
Countertop machines are best if you have a fixed point of sale on a counter in your salon.
This is what our countertop machines offer:
- It’s so easy. The machines work straight out of the box. All you have to do is switch yours on and follow the on-screen instructions.
- They come ready to sync with your till or Electronic Point of Sale (EPoS).
- Each accepts contactless, Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay.
- They enable independent connections for your terminal and landline, so you can take payments over the phone.
- If your machine goes on he blink (it happens, even to the best) we’ll have a replacement with you in 24 hours.
- We can have you up and running with one of our card machines in just three days. Yep, only THREE days.
- We understand that closing for business doesn’t mean your day is done. You still need to run end-of-day figures ready for processing. Our card machines can do this for you in moments, freeing your time and allowing you to leave work at work. To help you do this, we developed a pretty nifty piece of technology called Connect™, which comes free with all our machines. More on this later…
How much does it cost?
- We set you up and don’t charge a penny. It’s our mission to help small businesses get paid for less.
- The cost of your monthly rental fee will be based on a Mobile Terminal. Your card processing fees are charged per transaction and based on card types (debit and credit) and card turnover.
- The higher your card turnover, the better your rate is likely to be. If this sounds complicated, don’t worry, we make your bill easy to understand. But every business is different. So by telling us a few simple details, we can give you a more exact figure. We won’t keep you waiting; we’ll get you a free quote in minutes.
Take a closer look at Integrated Payments
Basically, Connect integrates payments by linking your till or EPoS and your card machine together; It lets them talk to each other. Integrated payments software connects your till and card machine, so you don’t need to enter things by hand. Everything syncs in the cloud. Instantly. Securely.
Lots of companies charge extra for the business-boosting power of integrated payments. We don’t and we won’t – not a penny.
Hailed as, “the biggest thing since contactless”, Connect is our own technology, so any questions you have can be answered by the Paymentsense call centre, no matter which software your EPOS uses.
If you take payments at the counter, Connect makes sure your card machine and EPOS are side by side in more ways than one. This offers you the following benefits:
- Speedy transactions – perfect at weekends and times like the pre-Christmas rush. Shorten queues and watch your profits soar.
- No more inputting mistakes. It puts an end to manual errors, bad maths and double keying.
- Easier reporting. It does it all for you – everything just adds up – at the press of a button.
- Happier customers. We all love a smoother payment experience.
At the end of the day, Connect helps you save time and money, makes cashing-up quicker and should help boost your profits.
Why choose Paymentsense?
We currently help over 70,000 businesses make a whopping £10 billion worth of card sales a year – in store, online, over the phone and on the move. So, if you’re new to card payments we can help you.
Thinking of switching card provider? This is what we’ll do to help:
- save you up to 40% on your current bill and can even pay up to £3,000 of your exit fees.
- You’ll get 24/7 UK-based support and next day repair or replacement should anything go wrong.
- You get a handy step-by-step guide showing you how to leave your current card machine provider and what you need to send us to claim your money back.
- We’ll get you up and running with a card machine in just 3 days (and online payments in only 24hrs).
Not only can we give you the lowest rates out there, you’ll get both excellent customer service and peace of mind – that’s why we’re now Europe’s largest payment processor.
So, If you have a hairdressing salon, you can always increase your business if you accept credit and debit cards – and contactless payments with Paymentsense.