Calling all hairdressers, beauty therapists, restaurateurs, and all other business owners that offer a bookable service! Are you missing a trick by not enabling appointments from your Facebook Business Page?
By enabling the Facebook appointments feature, you can allow customers to book in for your services directly from your Facebook Business Page, making it easier for them, and you.
What do you need?
- A Facebook Business Page (you can’t enable this feature from your personal profile)
- Admin, Editor or Moderator access to the page
How to take appointment bookings on Facebook
- Go to your page and click the blue call-to-action button underneath your cover photo
- Click on ‘Book now’
- Click on ‘Appointments on Facebook
- Click ‘Next’
- Adjust the calendar settings to show the days and times when you have regular appointments available
- Click ‘Next’
- Adjust your preferences to approve appointments or set the option for advance notice and then click ‘Next’
- Review your service offerings
- Click to add a service. Once you have added all of the services you require, click ‘Done’
How to amend your appointment settings
To change the settings for your available appointments, services list and appointment messaging:
- Click ‘Appointments’ in the left menu of your Business Page
- Click ‘Appointment Settings’ above ‘Promote Book Now’
This allows you to choose whether your page shows available appointments, the duration of your appointments and customer reminders, among other bespoke settings.
How to add new appointments to your page
Remember, if you have ‘Show Available Appointments’ switched on, people can see your available slots and book with you directly from the page.
This is a handy feature but it requires you to keep tight organisation of your online scheduling, updating as necessary.
If you have not enabled the ‘Show Available Appointments’ option people cannot book without messaging you first. That way you are able to confirm their booking through Messenger and then you can manually add it to your appointments tab.
To manually add an appointment:
- Click ‘Appointments’ in the left menu of your page
- Click in the bottom right, then click ‘Create Appointment’
- Fill out details about the appointment and then click ‘Create Appointment’
Managing your scheduled appointments
For whatever reason you may need to cancel or reschedule your appointments with your clients.
You can see all of your upcoming appointments by clicking on the ‘Appointments’ button on the top of your page. To contact customers with appointments, simply click on ‘Message’ next to their name.
Need more tips to promote your business on Facebook? Find out how to create targeted sponsored posts to find new local customers in a bespoke radius.