Climbing to the top of the culinary game: On The HillFeatured Business 19 December 2019
Fed up of her dreary 9-5 office job, Imogen Hodgeson really found her thing when it came to waitressing— so much so, she now has friends, not customers.
Starting On The Hill with her husband and head-chef Rowan was never going to be easy though. Yet there were some things that could take the pressure off of a long hectic day for them and their devoted staff. The answer was simple, integrated payments, aka the ‘hour-earlier dart home’, after a relentless day on the bar.
Human error is, well, human, especially when you’ve got plenty of plates spinning. But when it comes to integrating Connect with your EPoS and card machine, you don’t need to fret about keying-in errors or long-winded reconciliations:
‘It’s revolutionised the way we do things in that the mistakes that staff make are virtually eradicated. At the end of the day, employees were having to physically do a reconciliation from a print out from the card machine, but now I can just access it through the cloud. It saves so much time for staff, who now can now leave an hour earlier sometimes!’
To make Imogen’s life just that little bit easier, Paymentsense card machines are:
- Completely portable: so she can offer tableside bills for her customers, without them moving an inch
- Designed for everyday life: splitting the bill is an easy feature
- Able to recognise tip-top service: you can implement gratuities straight from the terminal
- Hard-wearing: designed for the bumps and knocks of a busy restaurant
- Simple to install: it took On The Hill a cool 30-mins to get up and running
- Competitive: you won’t pay high tariffs for doing what you love
See Imogen’s story: